Multi Combination Licence
Are you looking to get behind the wheel or something a little more heavy duty? Heavy vehicle licences are one of the best ways to increase your earnings and also opens up many career options. At BDI we’re dedicated to getting you behind the wheel and making more money!
Multi combination vehicles are defined as:
- A multi-combination (MC) licence is required to drive any B-double or road train
- Any prime mover towing 2 or more trailers with a GVM of more than 9 tonnes.
We do not provide training vehicle for this
- You must have held a heavy rigid (HR) or heavy combination (HC) licence for a period totalling at least one year.
- Pass medical check
- Pass an MC licence knowledge test.
- Pass a RMS eyesight test
- Complete the RMS Combination Knowledge test and obtain a CBA (Competency Based Assessment) learner’s logbook and guidebook from the RMS
- Read CBA guide book
- Make sure your form has been stamped with a registry stamp, and reads “approved to attend multi-combination driver training and assessment course.”
- Contact us to book your 2 days one-on-one MC course. (depends on participants experience for reversing trailers)
- Pre operational checks
- Cabin Drill
- Start, move off, shut down & secure
- Manages Steering
- Manages Gears
- Manages Brakes
- Manages Accelerator
- Create/Maintain Crash Avoidance Space (CAS)
- Protect Crash Avoidance Space (CAS)
- Road Rules & directions
- Hill stop/start
- Load securing
- Final Competency Assessment (FCA)
Successful participants will receive a Certificate of Competence which is submitted to RMS to receive heavy vehicle endorsement.
Beyond Driving Institution provides accredited courses through multiple RTOs.
- RAISE Training (RTO 91655)