Medium Rigid Licence (MR Licence)
Are you looking to get behind the wheel or something a little more heavy duty? Heavy vehicle licences are one of the best ways to increase your earnings and also opens up many career options. At BDI we’re dedicated to getting you behind the wheel and making more money!
Medium rigid vehicles are defined as:
- Any rigid motor vehicle with a GVM (Gross Vehicle Mass) of more than 8 tonnes.
- Number of Axles – 2 only.
- A current class C Licence held for 12 months or more.
- Complete the RMS Rigid Knowledge test and obtain a CBA (Competency Based Assessment) learner’s logbook and guidebook from the RMS
- Read CBA guide book
- Contact us to book your 1 day one-on-one MR course.
- Pre operational checks
- Cabin Drill
- Start, move off, shut down & secure
- Managing Steering
- Managing Gears
- Managing Brakes
- Managing Accelerator
- Create/ Maintain Crash Avoidance Space (CAS)
- Protect Crash Avoidance Space (CAS)
- Road Rules & directions
- Reverse (long Reverse, Reverse parallel park and Loading Bay)
- Hill stop/ start
- Load securing
- Bus stop procedure (bus only)
- Final Competency Assessment (FCA)
Successful participants will receive a Certificate of Competence which is submitted to RMS to receive heavy vehicle endorsement.
You are also welcome to provide your own vehicle for assessment only. However, the vehicle must meet these requirements:
- A current valid registration, road worthy and in good condition
- Vehicle must be loaded to at least 75% to its GVM
- No dangerous goods carried (diesel is not considered a dangerous good)
Beyond Driving Institution provides accredited courses through multiple RTOs.
- RAISE Training (RTO 91655)
NOTE: Red P Plate holders are not eligible to apply for this Licence.