Heavy Rigid Licence (HR Licence)
We do not provide training vehicle for this
Are you looking to get behind the wheel or something a little more heavy duty? Heavy vehicle licences are one of the best ways to increase your earnings and also opens up many career options. At BDI we’re dedicated to getting you behind the wheel and making more money!
Heavy rigid vehicles are defined as:
- Any rigid motor vehicle with 3 or more axles and a GVM of more than 8 tonnes.
- Any towed trailer must not weigh more than 9 tonnes GVM.
- A current class C Licence for held for 24 months or more. (second year of your green P2 if you are Provisional driver)
- Complete the RMS Rigid Knowledge test and obtain a CBA (Competency Based Assessment) learner’s logbook and guidebook from the RMS
- Read CBA guide book
- Contact us to book your 1 day one-on-one Heavy Rigid (HR) course.
- Pre operational checks
- Cabin Drill
- Start, move off, shut down & secure
- Managing Steering
- Managing Gears
- Managing Brakes
- Managing Accelerator
- Create/Maintain Crash Avoidance Space (CAS)
- Protect Crash Avoidance Space (CAS)
- Road Rules & directions
- Hill stop/start
- Load securing
- Bus stop procedure (bus only)
- Final Competency Assessment (FCA)
Successful participants will receive a Certificate of Competence which is submitted to RMS to receive heavy vehicle endorsement.
You are also welcome to provide your own vehicle for assessment only. However, the vehicle must meet these requirements:
- A current valid registration, road worthy and in good condition
- Vehicle must be loaded to at least 75% to its GVM
- No dangerous goods carried (diesel is not considered a dangerous good)
Beyond Driving Institution provides accredited courses through multiple RTOs.
- RAISE Training (RTO 91655)