Heavy Combination Licence
Are you looking to get behind the wheel or something a little more heavy duty? Heavy vehicle licences are one of the best ways to increase your earnings and also opens up many career options. At BDI we’re dedicated to getting you behind the wheel and making more money!
Heavy combination vehicles are defined as:
- A prime mover towing a 2 or more axle trailer with a GVM of more than 9 tonnes.
- Any 3 axle rigid motor vehicle towing a two or more axle trailer with a GVM of more than 9 tonnes.
Steps to get your HC (Heavy Combination) Licence:
- A current class MR or HR license (held for at least 12 months)
- Complete the RMS Combination Knowledge test and obtain a CBA (Competency Based Assessment) learner’s logbook and guidebook from the RMS
- Read CBA guide book
- Contact us to book your 1 day one-on-one HC course.
- Pre operational checks
- Cabin Drill
- Start, move off, shut down & secure
- Managing Steering
- Managing Gears
- Managing Brakes
- Managing Accelerator
- Create/Maintain Crash Avoidance Space (CAS)
- Protect Crash Avoidance Space (CAS)
- Road Rules & directions
- Hill stop/start
- Load securing
- Final Competency Assessment (FCA)
Successful participants will receive a Certificate of Competence which is submitted to RMS to receive heavy vehicle endorsement.
You are also welcome to provide your own vehicle for assessment only. However, the vehicle must meet these requirements:
- A current valid registration, road worthy and in good condition
- Vehicle must be loaded to at least 75% to its GVM
- No dangerous goods carried (diesel is not considered a dangerous good)
Beyond Driving Institution provides accredited courses through multiple RTOs.
- RAISE Training (RTO 91655)